Sunday, April 6, 2014

An Attitude of Gratitude

Today I have an overwhelming amount of gratitude for life.
When President Uchtdorf talked about living through our trials and finding gratitude, Satan was sitting close by and whispering to me, "You aren't doing enough. You are a complainer. You whine about your life so tell me exactly how you are grateful at all." He started to win as I was ferociously writing words to try and remember so I could learn how to be a grateful person. I started to feel unworthy and bad about some of my posts lately because they didn't show my gratitude.
And then almost instantaneously, I received two text messages from separate people, telling me they were thinking of me during his talk and how thankful they were that I was an example of gratitude for them.
It was God's reminder to me that when I have bad thoughts, they are from Satan. God doesn't ever tell me I am ungrateful or unworthy of love because I complain. He shows me what I'm good at.
On the other hand, Satan takes what I'm good at and tries to belittle it.

Today I am thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who knew I was getting lost for a second during a talk that was supposed to be empowering me. I'm thankful He sent two earthly angels to remind me that I'm doing ok and I'm extremely grateful that those two people were listening to God when they were prompted to send me those texts, whether they recognized it as that or not.
I feel so lonely so much of the time but God always sends me what I need, when I need it. It's when I recognize His hand in my life that I realize I am anything but alone.

No comments: